14 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do In Kingston
1. JUMP OFF THE PIER INTO LAKE ONTARIO
Take advantage of Lake Ontario before the Kingston cold quickly approaches. Or, muster up the confidence and try a polar bear dip in November… We aren’t judging!)
2. TAKE A HIKE AT ROCK DUNDER
The view speaks for itself.
3. TAKE A BREAK AND STUDY BY THE LAKE AT THE ISABEL BADER CENTRE
This beautiful building (and the even more spectacular view) makes studying slightly more bearable.
4. GO SEE THE LUMINAS BOREALIS
This interactive winter night walk through Kingston’s historic Fort Henry will wow you! The view of Kingston from Fort Henry also isn’t awful…
5. TAKE A FERRY TO WOLFE ISLAND
Roughly a one hour retreat from Kingston, Wolfe Island is a great way to get outdoors and see some new things. Okay… So it’s not actually something that you can do Kingston, but we thought we’d include it anyway.
6. PLAY SOME VINTAGE VIDEO GAMES AT BARCADIA
Look no further than the name itself. Bar meets arcade. Barcadia. If you’re looking to play some video games and get some beers, this is the place for you.
7. BUNDLE UP AND TAKE A WALK ALONG THE KINGSTON WATERFRONT
We can promise that it will be stunning, no matter the season.
8. SCALE A WALL AT THE BOILER ROOM
This climbing gym boasts Canada’s highest indoor climb. How ‘bout that?
9. GO SEE A MOVIE AT THE SCREENING ROOM
Take a trip down memory lane at this old-style movie theatre with a flare.
10. ENJOY SOME LIVE MUSIC AT THE BROOKLYN
Because, c’mon… Who doesn’t love live music? Also, many concerts at the Brooklyn are put on by an organization of students called Generocksity. This group donates all of the proceeds from the concerts to different charities! These concerts are a great way to be a great person while listening to some great music.
11. GRAB A COFFEE DOWNTOWN KINGSTON
NORTHSIDE and Crave are two of our fav cafes downtown. These local shops are a great place to cozy up with a cup of coffee and a book.
12. SKATE DOWNTOWN AT SPRINGER MARKET SQUARE...
13. OR, JUST SKATE ON THE LAKE!
Make the most of the winter and get outdoors!
14. VISIT THE LOCAL KINGSTON FARMERS MARKET
This is the place to go if you are looking to buy local, fresh produce and immerse yourself in the community.
*All of the photos used in this article were taken from the Instagram account of Queen’s students!*